JDRF and ISPAD (International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes) are pleased to announce that four awardees have been selected to receive Allan Drash Clinical Fellowships in 2017. The awards of $5,000 each enable fellows to spend approximately 6 weeks training at an ISPAD Centre of Excellence. Applicants from developing and middle-income nations were given preference in the review process. The fellowships honor the late Allan Drash, M.D., a pediatric endocrinologist and former president of both the American Diabetes Association and ISPAD. Dr. Drash was a pioneer in clinical care of children with diabetes and a champion for quality training in medical diabetes management.
The Allan Drash Clinical Fellowship Awardees for 2017 are:
- Arun Kumar Singh (B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan, Nepal)
- Joshua Ngwang Menang (Cameroon Laboratory & Medicine Foundation (CALMEF) Health Center in Tiko, Cameroon)
- Mohammad Hosny (Mansoura University Children’s Hospital in Mansoura, Egypt)
- Wafaa Laymoun (Mansoura University Children’s Hospital in Mansoura, Egypt)
- Naina Bhatn (St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore, India)
- Feny Patel (Clinic Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)